The best dry dog food for Labradoodles will give them the best quality of life.
Choosing the right dry dog food for your Labradoole may be the most important choice you will make on their behalf. There are many possible options which can make choosing daunting, but we take a look at our top picks to make the choice easier.
Best Dry Food For Labradoodle Puppies
Labradoodle puppies have specialized needs, especially once they are weaned and are no longer protected by their mother. The diet needs to step in and provide nutrients lost while easing them away from a liquid-based diet. Of the numerous dry dog foods appropriate for Labradoodle puppies, we have selected our top picks.
Farmina N&D Ancestral Grain Dry Dog Food
One of the lesser-known names in the dog food industry, Farmina N&D shows they can match even the biggest names. This dry dog food is formulated for puppies and contains everything they could possibly need to grow healthy and strong.
A growing Labradoodle needs a headstart and that is precisely what this dry food provides. It is ideally formulated to replace the nutrients lost from the transition to solid food and is enticing enough for puppies to eat it.
- 90% of the protein in this dry food comes from animal sources
- Formulated especially for puppies
- There are no meal by-products in this dry food
- Suitable for all life stages
- The grain content is low
- It doesn’t contain peas or legumes which are common allergens
- Most of the protein content comes from animal sources
- It contains grains which may not be ideal for some dogs
Main Ingredients: Chicken, Dehydrated Chicken, Whole Spelt, Whole Oats, and Chicken Fat.
Purina Pro Dry Puppy Food
Purina Pro is one of the biggest dog food manufacturers and has something for every dog, including Labradoodles. This dry food is ideal for large breed puppies, with Labradoodles especially loving this recipe.
From the moment your dog is weaned till they are a year old, this dry food will be their best friend. Your Labradoodle can grow up healthy, with a strengthened immune system and well-developed cognitive functions.
- Specially formulated to fit the texture that dogs love
- It features real chicken as the first ingredient
- It is easily digestible
- Many dogs love this dry food
- It contains live probiotics which improve immune system health
- A diet that is rich in proteins
- It helps improve skin and coat texture
- It contains chicken by-products
- It contains wheat, soy and corn
Main Ingredients: Chicken, Rice, Whole Grain Wheat, Poultry By-product Meal, and Soybean Meal.
Best Dry Dog Food For Adult Labradoodles
Adult Labradoodles are no longer fragile, but that doesn’t mean they don’t require specialised nutrition. The ideal diet will provide your dog with quality nutrients and help them maintain good health. We have selected our top picks of the best dry dog food for adult Labradoodles.
Instinct Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
With over 15 years of experience in the industry, Instinct has been delivering quality to dogs worldwide. This Grain-Free Dry Dog Food features a unique design where each kibble piece is fried-dried raw coated.
Made with the highest-quality ingredients, your Labradoodles are guaranteed to get the best possible nutrition. The recipe is designed to provide your dogs with the kind of diet they can expect to eat in the wild.
- There are no preservatives used
- A grain-free recipe
- It is suitable for all life stages
- It is designed to improve the immune system and digestive health
- It contains an impressive amount of animal protein
- It is made of raw ingredients and aims to cater to your dog’s wild side
- About 70% of this food is made of animal ingredients
- It may be too expensive
- The calorie levels may be too high
Main Ingredients: Chicken, Chicken Meal, Peas, Chicken Fat, and Tapioca.
Wellness Complete Health Large Breed Adult Dry Dog Food
Wellness Complete Health is dedicated to keeping your dog as healthy as possible by providing the perfect diet. Designed for adults, this dry food is made to boost the immune system and promote whole-body health.
With a balance of nutrients from whole foods, your Labradoodle will have all its nutritional needs met in every meal. It is also designed for easy transition from other meals.
- Free of artificial additives, fillers and by-products
- It is designed for maximum nutrients absorption
- Ingredients are carefully selected including premium proteins
- It contains fibre which helps promote whole-body health
- Made in the USA with the finest globally sourced ingredients
- Probiotics improve digestive system health
- It improves skin and coat health
- It contains fish which some dogs might hate
Main Ingredients: Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Peas, Ground Brown Rice, and Salmon Meal.
Best Dry Dog Food For Senior Labradoodles
Senior Labradoodles face a renewed sense of fragility and need all the help they can to remain healthy.
A specially formulated nutrient will target common shortcomings in an ageing Labradoodle and help keep them healthy, with an improved quality of life. We look at our favourite dry dog foods for senior Labradoodles.
American Journey Senior Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
American Journey Senior Grain-Free Dry Dog Food is designed to support whole-body health and provide your dog with energy. This combination makes it the perfect dry food for Senior Labradoodles, and one of the best available in the market.
With one of the most affordable prices in the market, there is hardly a better dry food for senior Labradoodles. Your dog will get enough energy to enjoy its senior years and still be the charming pet you know and love.
- A grain-free product made with high-quality ingredients
- Crafted by experts with a love for pets
- Free of wheat, soy, corn and poultry by-product meals
- It isn’t too expensive
- It contains high levels of proteins
- It contains low levels of carbohydrates
- A nutrient-dense dry food packed with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals
- It contains peas which may be an allergen
Main Ingredients: Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Turkey Meal, Sweet Potatoes, and Peas.
VICTOR Purpose Senior Healthy Weight Dry Dog Food
Victor is a giant in the dog food industry and is mostly known for its excellent senior recipes like this one. Designed for weight management, your ageing dog can maintain a healthy weight even as the tendency for obesity arises.
It is also designed to improve joint and hip health, common problems for large dogs. VICTOR Purpose Senior Healthy Weight Dry Dog Food is perfect for senior Labradoodles.
- A nutrient-dense recipe
- It is designed to convert fat to energy and promote lean muscle development
- It contains Victor’s unique VPRO blend
- It helps improve hip and joint health
- It is high in protein content
- It is ideal for weight management
- 100% made in the USA with locally sourced ingredients
- It isn’t suitable for underweight dogs
Main Ingredients: Beef Meal, Whole Grain Brown Rice, Whole Grain Millet, Grain Sorghum, and Chicken Fat.
Best Dry Dog Food For Labradoodles With Allergies
Some Labradoodles suffer from allergies and regular dry foods can’t solve the problem. They need a specialized diet that takes into account their sensitivities and we take a look at our favourite options.
Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Dry Dog Food
Limited Ingredient diets are the perfect option for dogs with allergies and Natural Balance delivers an excellent dry food. While not a hypoallergenic food, the limited ingredients greatly diminished the chances of triggering a reaction in your Labradoodle.
It is formulated for easy digestion and it even aids in improving digestive health. It may not be the first option on everyone’s list but it is an excellent dry food for Labradoodles with allergies.
- It has only one protein source
- A grain-free recipe, free of soy, wheat and corn
- It contains fibre making it easy to digest
- Limited ingredients mean fewer chances of allergenic ingredients
- It contains impressive omega acid levels
- Duck meat is a protein source and is ideal for lean muscle formation
- Flaxseed helps boost the immune system
- It is an expensive brand
- The protein levels could be higher
Main Ingredients: Duck, Duck Meal, Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, and Tapioca Starch.
Merrick Grain-Free Chicken-Free Dry Dog Food
If you are seeking dry food for a Labradoodle with allergies, then look no further than Merrick Grain-Free Chicken-Free Dry Dog Food. Merric is a household name for dog owners thanks to a long-standing history of producing excellent dry foods.
This dry food is poultry-free, reducing the chances of allergies, and it also helps improve hip and joint health. It also happens to be one of the best dry dog foods out there and is the perfect option for Labradoodles with allergies.
- A grain-free recipe that doesn’t contain wheat, soy or corn
- It doesn’t contain any poultry ingredients
- Animal sources account for most of the proteins (60%)
- Perfectly formulated for dogs with allergies
- Made using the finest quality ingredients
- It is easily digestible
- It is ideal for joint and hip health improvement
- Both protein and fat content are too high
- It is only suitable for overweight dogs
Main Ingredients: Deboned Beef, Lamb Meal, Salmon Meal, Sweet Potatoes, and Potatoes.
How Can I Get My Labradoodle To Gain Weight?
Some Labradoodles are too skinny and need to gain weight. If yours falls into this category, there are a few methods you can implement depending on the reason for your dog’s lack of weight.
Before proceeding with any weight gain regimen, you’ll need a vet’s confirmation that your dog is underweight, and approval to start your remedy.
Higher Calorie Meals
Protein and calories are the main reason dogs gain muscle mass and increasing these nutrients can prompt weight gain. You can switch to dry food with higher protein and calorie content, or add alternative sources to your dog’s meal.
Smaller Meals With Increased Frequency
Increasing the amount of food your dog eats is another possible way to get it to gain weight. To avoid risk or bloating, you should feed them small portions at multiple intervals, as opposed to one or two large meals.
Snacks and Other Supplements
Without making any heavy dietary changes, you can add snacks and supplements to your dog’s meals. High-calorie snacks are the best option and can cause a drastic weight increment in a short time.
Add Wet And Fresh Foods
You can also add wet and fresh food to your dry dog food, or switch to these options. Fresh and wet foods are higher in calories and are better for weight gain. Mixing them with dry food allows you to retain the benefits of dry food and still get your dog to gain weight.
Will Eggs Make My Dog Gain Weight?
Eggs have been known to cause dogs to gain weight as they are filled with calories and proteins. The more eggs you feed your dog, the more weight it will gain, and the procedure can easily get out of control.
Feeding your dog too many eggs will quickly lead to obesity, creating a new set of problems. Too many eggs too frequently can also cause health problems, leading to a sick dog, or worse.
If you are using eggs to cause your dog to gain weight, you’ll need to apply this process in moderation. One school of thought suggests one cooked egg daily is enough to cause them to gain weight.
You can also feed it one egg periodically and still achieve the same effect. The most important thing is to avoid feeding your dog more than one egg in a 24-hour span.
Can I Give My Dog A Raw Egg Every Day?
Never give your dog raw eggs too frequently, especially if you want them to remain healthy. Feeding your dog raw eggs carries the risk of salmonella and other health problems. If you have to feed your eggs with frequency, ensure you cook them properly beforehand.
Cooked eggs are the safer bet and carry less chance of causing health problems, especially when done in moderation.
You can mix raw eggs with your dog’s regular diet once or twice a week, especially when it’s for weight gain. You also have to avoid using too many eggs as you can easily put your dog on the path to obesity. Too many raw eggs can also cause nutrient imbalances and pose a serious problem in the long run.
Feeding your dog the best dry food for Labradoodles will allow them to be the best version of themselves. While they aren’t the most sensitive dog breed, you still need to take proper care of your Labradoodle and that starts with the right diet.