The best dry food for boxers is one must consider carefully. Though they are a strong breed, they can be fragile without the right care, starting with their diet.
Boxers have specific dietary requirements that must be met if they are to remain healthy. After careful consideration, we have selected the best dry dog food for the different life stages of Boxers.
Best Dry Dog Food For Puppy Boxers
As Puppies, Boxers need precise nutrition, as their immune system and other functions are still developing. Transitioning from mother’s milk to dry food isn’t always smooth, but the right food can make it easier. We have analysed some of the best dry dog foods and selected our favourites.
Orijen Amazing Grains Puppy Large Breed
Origen is determined to give dogs a diet close to what nature intended, which is what they have produced here. You will surely satisfy your Boxer’s wild side with dry dog food mostly of animal protein. Orijen Amazing Grains Puppy Dry Food is the perfect companion for creating a healthy Boxer.
- The first five ingredients are animal proteins
- Rich in probiotics and prebiotics
- It contains DHA and EPA
- Rich in animal protein
- It helps improve digestive health
- It is made up of about 90% of animal proteins
- It is formulated especially for large-breed puppies
- It is an expensive product
- The calorie content may be too much
Main Ingredients: Chicken, Whole Herring, Whole Mackerel, Chicken Liver, and Salmon
Royal Canin Breed Health Nutrition Boxer Puppy Dry Dog Food
Royal Canin produces a precise formula designed for Boxer puppies to meet all their nutritional needs. Operating off the philosophy that dogs need the best diet to be their best selves, this dry food matches this need. One of the best dry dog foods for boxer puppies, it is a perfect choice once your Boxer is weaned.
- It contains prebiotics that helps improve the gut microflora
- The presence of L-Carnitine helps with muscle support
- It is formulated particularly for Boxer puppies
- It is designed to encourage boxer puppies to eat
- It helps in developing a Boxer’s immune system
- It is the ideal food for puppies between 8 weeks and 15 months old
- It also helps with weight management
- Not all puppies like this food
Main Ingredients: Chicken by-product meal, brewers rice, oat groats, brown rice, and chicken fat.
Best Dry Dog Food For Adult Boxers
Adult boxers are notorious for their appetites and will eat almost anything you place in their path. Precision is needed with their diet, especially since they could be susceptible to health problems later. You need the right dry food to ensure your Boxer is in the best condition possible, and we have selected some of the top options.
Taste of the Wild High Prairie Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
The result of scientific research, Taste of the Wild is designed to cater to your dog’s wild side. They can grow and develop in good health with nutrition as close to what your Boxer would have eaten out in nature. Formulated to provide every nutritional requirement in the right balance, there are fewer better options for a Boxer.
- Made with real meat as the first ingredient
- Fruits and Superfoods provide vitamins and minerals
- Omega-6 and Omega-3 fatty acids help with skin health
- It helps in bone, joint and hip health
- 100% made in the USA, a family-owned business
- It maintains and improves digestive and immune system health
- It is high in protein content
- Not all dogs like the aroma
Main Ingredients: Water buffalo, lamb meal, chicken meal, sweet potatoes, and peas.
Whole Earth Farms Dry Dog Food
With over a decade in the dog food industry, Whole Earth Farms has consistently delivered top-quality. With a mission to always do right by dogs, this dry food meets all your dog’s needs and can serve as a lifetime food. A balanced meal with all the necessary nutrients is one of the best choices you can make for your Boxer.
- Suitable for dogs of all life stages
- Only the finest available ingredients are used
- It contains antioxidants and Omega fatty acids
- 100% made in the USA
- Free of wheat, corn and soy
- A balanced diet that is easily digestible
- It is created by vets and nutritionists
- It may have limited availability
Main Ingredients: Chicken Meal, Potatoes, Canola Meal, Peas, and Chicken Fat.
Best Dry Dog Food For Senior Boxers
Senior dogs require the most precision in terms of diet. Their needs are specific; they usually need to improve health and maintain already deteriorating organs. Any choice of Dry food for senior dogs must account for all these needs, and our selections do just that.
Nulo Freestyle Grain-Free Senior Dry Dog Food
Nulo Freestyle considers a senior dog’s needs and produces dry food with all-natural ingredients. Designed to strengthen the immune system and reduce ageing in senior dogs, it is the perfect choice for Senior Boxers. Your dog will need help to resist ingredients like sweet potato and trout.
- No artificial colours or preservatives are used
- It contains L-Carnitine, which helps with a dog’s metabolism
- The probiotics strains improve digestive health
- It is high in protein content
- The kibble is perfectly formulated for large-breed dogs
- It helps to improve joint health
- It is suitable for sensitive stomach dogs
- It may be too expensive
- There are no flavour alternatives
Main Ingredients: Deboned Trout, Turkey Meal, Salmon Meal, Yellow Peas, and Sweet Potato.
Diamond Naturals Senior Formula Dry Dog Food
Diamond Naturals has created the ideal senior diet to meet senior dogs’ needs. As your dog isn’t as energetic as it used to be, this dry food provides energy and helps keep them healthy. It is also one of the most affordable dry foods on the market, making it affordable to most dog owners. There is likely no better choice for your senior Boxer.
- It contains antioxidants, prebiotics and probiotics
- No wheat, soy, corn or artificial flavours
- It is rich in vitamins, minerals and fatty acids
- High-quality ingredients are used
- It is high in protein content
- 100% made in the USA
- It boosts the immune and digestive systems
- The carbohydrate content may be too much
- Rice Bran is one of the ingredients
Main Ingredients: Chicken, Chicken Meal, Whole Grain Brown Rice, Cracked Pearled Barley, and Ground White Rice.
Best Dry Dog Food For Boxers With Allergies
Some Boxers are born with allergies or sensitive stomachs, and there isn’t much you can do to avoid it. Though you can’t prevent it, you may be able to manage your dog’s allergies with the right diet. There aren’t too many dry food options for dogs with allergies, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t quality options.
Spot & Tango Unkibble Cod & Salmon Formula
A limited-ingredient diet is one way to deal with allergies or a sensitive stomach, which Spot & Tango Unkibble delivers. With personalised recipes to match your dog’s preferences, you won’t have to worry about any rejection. Spot & Tango Unkibble is the perfect dry food dry food for dogs with a sensitive stomach or gas.
- Freshly prepared meals with stable shelf-life
- It is made with human-grade ingredients
- You can opt for a trial period before deciding on this product
- A customisable diet that accounts for each dog
- Veterinarians and dog owners worldwide recommend this product
- It is suitable for all ages
- It may be too expensive for some
- It operates on a subscription
Main Ingredients: Cod, salmon, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, and sunflower seeds.
Purina Pro Plan Adult Sensitive Skin & Stomach
Purina Pro Plan is a big name in the pet food industry and delivers yet another great product. Made for sensitive stomach dogs or those with skin allergies, it helps give your dog a sense of normalcy. Purina Pro Plan delivers a masterpiece that will solve all your worries in a category with limited options.
- Real salmon is the main ingredient used
- It contains antioxidants and fatty acids
- The prebiotic fibres help to boost the gut microflora
- It is formulated to be gentle on the digestive system
- It helps to improve the digestive health
- It helps to improve skin and coat health
- Free of artificial colours and preservatives
- It isn’t a cheap product
Main Ingredients: Salmon, Barley, Rice, Oat Meal, and Canola Meal.
How Can I Bulk Up My Boxer Dog?
You can help your Boxer gain weight by employing a few strategies. Your intervention may be needed if your Boxer is underweight despite being healthy and eating regularly. Some possible solutions include:
Feed them lean meat: The main way dogs gain and maintain muscle mass. A shortage or restriction of lean meat will cause them to lose muscle mass. You can add lean meat into their diet directly or choose a dry food with higher lean meat content.
High-Calorie Fruits: High-calorie fruits are another way for a dog to gain weight, and it is a healthy process. Some dogs, including Boxers, can be allergic to certain fruits, and you must avoid these and seek other alternatives. Fruits like Bananas, Avocados, and mangoes are all high-calorie fruits and can help your Boxer gain weight. Only use the fruit’s flesh as the skin and pit are harmful.
Snacks: The right snacks can also help fatten up a Boxer. Raw eggs and sardines are excellent additions to a dog’s food and a tasty one. Boxers love raw food, and you can add meaty bones as well and in due course, your Boxer will gain weight.
What Foods Should Boxers Avoid?
Foods containing wheat and corn are to be avoided by boxers. Boxers are typically susceptible to allergies, with wheat and corn being some of the most common allergens.
Your Boxer may be free of such allergies, but unless you are sure, it is best to avoid feeding them foods containing these allergens. Boxers may be large breed dogs, but they still need a lot of care, starting with their diet.
The protein source is another thing you want to look out for when looking for dog food for Boxers. While by-products or animal meals aren’t inherently harmful to Boxers, the quality leaves much to be desired.
You want a food option that uses real animal protein, preferably poultry, especially as the dog ages. You’ll also want to look for substances that cause health problems, like carcinogens.
How Many Times Should A Boxer Dog Eat?
Boxers should eat at least twice daily, and you can give them treats and snacks between meals. There should be a maximum of six hours between both meals, with the second often coming towards the dog’s bedtime. A greater frequency will risk overfeeding your Boxer, resulting in obesity and possibly causing health problems.
Boxers can be considered heavy eaters and can eat as much food as you can provide. You must regulate your Boxer’s food intake to keep them healthy. Once you have found the ideal dry or wet food for your Boxer, you must monitor its consumption. In some rare cases, a Boxer may be a picky eater, but it simply comes down to preference. The danger of underfeeding a Boxer is less than that of overfeeding.
Many dry dog food options are vying for the title ‘best dry dog for boxers’; you can’t go wrong with any choice. Choosing the right dry food for your Boxer may be your most important decision, especially in infancy. We have carefully considered all a boxer’s needs and selected some of the best dry food options to make your decision easier.