The best dry dog food for Cane Corso is something that every Cane Corso owner seeks. There are several possible options and choosing can be daunting.
You’ll need one that provides the unique requirements of a Cane Corso and doesn’t have side effects.
To make your choice easier, we take a look at some of the best dry food options for different categories of Cane Corsos.
Best Dry Dog Food For Cane Corson Puppies
The right dry dog food for a puppy is of the utmost importance as it will set the tone for the rest of their lives. It will need to account for the nutrients lost after weaning, and compensate accordingly.
Several dry dog foods are ideal for Cane Corso Puppies but we take a look at our favourites.
Hill’s Science Diet Puppy Large Breed Dry Dog Food
Hill’s Science used science-led nutrition to create the perfect dog food for dogs. Formulated for large breed puppies, this dry dog food is perfect for Cane Corsos and will set them on a path of health into adulthood.
Formulated with lots of protein, it is free of meat by-products, eliminating stomach upset. This dry food is the perfect starter for Cane Corso puppies, even those with allergies and sensitivity.
- Approved by veterinarians worldwide
- Developed with science-led nutrition
- It contains a balanced set of minerals for bone and teeth development
- Free of any meat by-products
- A healthy amount of protein for your dog
- Supports eye and brain development in dogs
- Contains carefully measure calcium to regulate bone growth
- It may be too expensive
- There are no probiotics in it
Main Ingredients: Chicken Meal, Whole Grain Wheat, Whole Grain Oats, Whole Grain Sorghum, and Corn Gluten Meal.
Holistic Select Large & Giant Breed Puppy Health Dry Dog Food
Large and giant breeds often have a genetic predisposition to certain health problems, and this dry food aims to remedy that. Holistic Select Large & Giant Breed Puppy Health Dry Dog Food aims to give your dog the right start and set them on the path to a healthy life.
With all the right nutrients, your Cane Corso can enjoy a healthy childhood through its senior years, living to its full potential. Additionally, the kibble is formulated for large-breed dogs and is designed to encourage picking up and chewing.
- Made in the USA with globally sourced ingredients
- Wholesome ingredients promote quality nutrition
- It is made specifically for large-breed puppies
- It is easily digestible
- Active probiotics and healthy fibre help to improve overall digestive health
- Glucosamine helps improve joint health
- Taurine helps improve heart health
- The kibble is somewhat large making it unsuitable for small dogs
- It may cause diarrhoea in some dogs
Main Ingredients: Lamb Meal, Chicken Meal, Oatmeal, Brown Rice, and Barley.
Best Dry Dog Food For Cane Corso Adults
Adult Cane Corsos are in their prime and will eat almost anything, but that doesn’t mean they should. A specialized diet will help promote good health and provide several other benefits, allowing your Cane Corso to be their best selves.
Of the numerous dry foods designed for Cane Corsos, we have selected our favourites.
Taste of the Wild Dry Dog Food
It features fruits and vegetables which help improve the immune system, and promote a healthier lifestyle for your Cane Corso. If you can afford this dry food, your Cane Corso will be getting the best available diet.
- A grain-free dry food, free of eggs or its by-products
- It is perfectly formulated for adult dogs
- Salmon is the main protein source
- Made in the USA with the finest globally sourced ingredients
- A nutrient-rich diet that provides dogs with ample energy
- It provides K9 strain proprietary probiotics
- Prebiotics and antioxidants help improve digestive health
- The product isn’t suitable for all dog
- An expensive product
Main Ingredients: Salmon, ocean fish meal, sweet potatoes, peas, and pea flour.
Gentle Giants Dry Dog Food
GentleGiant isn’t a renowned breed in the industry, but that doesn’t stop them from delivering an excellent product. Designed to serve most dog breeds, this dry food is the perfect option for an adult Cane Corso.
Additionally, you can opt for this product as a long-term plan for your Cane Corso and expect great results. Your dog will stay healthy throughout their life and you’ll have a happy pet on your hands. It also helps with joint support, making it a great option for large dogs.
- A balanced nutrition
- It has 3 major protein sources
- An excellent value-for-money product
- It is a relatively affordable product
- It helps improve joint health
- Real meat and vegetables are used
- Suitable for all life stages
- It contains peas, which some dogs may have a problem with
Main Ingredients: Chicken Meal, Pearled Barley, Brown Rice, Oatmeal, and Peas.
Best Dry Dog Food For Senior Cane Corsos
Senior Cane Corsos are a fragile bunch and require specialized care and diet. With health issues and genetic predispositions to worry about, the right diet is of the utmost importance. We have selected our favourite options for the best dry dog foods for senior Cane Corsos.
Instinct Raw Boost Senior Grain-Free Natural Dry Dog Food
Instinct isn’t the most popular dog food manufacturer but delivers a masterclass in dry dog food production. With over two deceased of producing pet food, Instinct happens to be one of the best in the industry.
Made for senior dogs, this dry food is formulated to provide them with energy when they need it. Made with the best available ingredients, your Cane Corso is getting a high-quality diet, rich in protein.
- Designed for large-breed senior dogs
- Made with raw ingredients
- Production involves minimal processing
- It is formulated to improve heart health
- It helps to improve shin and coat health
- It provides senior dogs with much-needed energy
- Picky eaters have no problem with this food
- It is very expensive
Main Ingredients: Chicken Meal, Chicken, Tapioca, Chickpeas, and Peas.
Wellness CORE Grain-Free Senior Deboned Turkey Recipe Dry Dog Food
Wellness Core is well known for producing quality dry food for different dogs and delivers another excellent option. Formulated specially for senior dogs, your Cane Corso will get all its nutritional needs from this food, and be its best self.
With advanced nutrient techniques, this dry food features protein-rich superfoods which will help improve whole-body health. Not only will your ageing Cne Corso love this food, but they will be able to combat ageing and remain active.
- Free of corn, wheat, soy and poultry by-products
- A healthy balance of fats and calories
- An all-natural grainless recipe
- It improves joint and hip health
- Made in the USA with the best ingredients globally sourced
- Prebiotics and probiotics help improve digestive system health
- Improves skin and coat health
- It is an expensive product
Main Ingredients: Deboned Turkey, Chicken Meal, Lentils, Dried Ground Potatoes, and Peas.
Best Dry Dog Food For Cane Corsos With Special Conditions
Some Cane Corsos have special conditions that regular dry foods can’t help. In such conditions, special dry foods are needed and can help manage or cure the conditions. Each condition is unique and requires specialized dry foods.
We take a look at some dry foods for the most popular conditions associated with Cane Corsos.
Blue Buffalo Basics Limited Ingredient Grain-Free Adult Formula
Limited Ingredient Diets are the perfect option for dogs with food sensitivities and allergies. Blue Buffalo delivers the perfect diet for Cane Corsos with sensitive stomachs or food allergies. Fewer ingredients in meals fewer chances of allergens.
Made with all-natural ingredients, your dog will maintain good health throughout its life. It is also formulated to ensure easier digestion and maximum nutrient absorption. You need to be sure your dog has food sensitivity and isn’t just picky before opting for this food.
- Single animal protein source (lamb)
- Free of soy, wheat, corn, dairy and eggs
- Made with all-natural ingredients
- Perfect for dogs with food sensitivities and allergies
- It is easily digestible
- It contains antioxidant-rich Lifesource bits which improve immune system health
- It improves skin and coat health
- It is a bit expensive
Main Ingredients: Deboned Lamb, Potatoes, Pea Starch, Peas, and Lamb Meal.
Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Large Breed Healthy Weight
If your Cane Corso is overweight, you’ll need a healthy way for them to lose the weight, and Blue Buffalo Life delivers. The large breed healthy weight formula is perfect for Cane Corsos and it doesn’t require any major lifestyle changes.
The formula is designed to reduce calories in fats and promote lean muscle development. Once your dog gets on this diet, you should start noticing changes, and your Cane Corso should return to its expected weight soon.
- Designed for healthy weight loss
- Free of wheat, soy, corn, chicken and chicken by-products
- Designed for maximum nutrient absorption
- Antioxidants and vitamins help improve the immune system
- It promotes stronger bones and teeth
- It improves skin and coat health
- It promotes lean muscle development
- Only suited for overweight dogs
Main Ingredients: Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Barley, Peas, and Pea Starch.
How To Put Weight on a Cane Corso Puppy
While Obesity is common, a Cane Corso can be underweight. In such cases, there are a few practices that can help raise your Cane Corsos weight:
- Increase feeding frequency
- Mix wet and dry foods
- Feed them treats
- Change the food
- Feed them supplements
Before you resort to any of these options, get your vet to confirm that your dog is overweight.
Sometimes, an underweight Cane Corso can be a symptom of an underlying condition. In such cases, the only way to get your Cane Corso back to the appropriate weight is to treat the condition.
Can You Feed Cane Corso Raw Meat?
You can feed your Cane Corso raw meat, especially bones which they love and are a great source of nutrients. You can add raw meat or bones to your dog’s diet in small quantities, as it can help improve the nutrient quality of the meal.
While adding raw bones to your dog’s meal, cooked bones pose a health hazard. Cooked bones are soft and can easily puncture the stomach or other internal organs.
A raw diet is a popular choice for many dog owners today, and this includes raw meat. While there may be some benefits associated with it, it isn’t advisable to place your dog solely on a raw diet.
Adding raw ingredients to dry or wet dog food is the best option, and offers a more balanced meal. It is also important to ensure that the ratio of raw food added to the meal should be less than the meal itself.
Can My Cane Corso Eat Raw Eggs?
Cane Corsos have no problem eating raw eggs and tend to love them when added to their food. Some dog owners choose to add raw eggs to a dog’s meal often to help the dog gain weight.
Unfortunately, several health issues are associated with raw or uncooked eggs including salmonella. It is best to cook eggs properly before feeding them to your dog, as it still has the same nutritional content as a raw one.
If you are looking to fatten your dog, there are healthier ways to achieve it than feeding raw eggs to your Cane Corso. There may also be other health conditions affecting whether or not your dog can at raw or cooked eggs.
Contact your VVet to determine whether or not your dog can eat eggs before feeding it one. If your dog gets the all-clear, adding one or two cooked eggs into its diet occasionally is a welcome option.
Your Cane Corso deserves all the love and care you can afford and it starts with the best possible diet.
Dry food is the preferred choice of most experts as it also helps maintain a healthy dentition. Always consult your vet before making any diet changes to ensure the best option for your dog at all times.