Choosing the 10 Best Dry Dog Food For Boston Terriers is a difficult prospect. Boston Terriers tend to have different needs depending on their age, health condition or personal preference.
They also are a sensitive breed and can be a bit picky about what they eat. To help you find the perfect dry food for your Boston Terrier, here is our selection of the 10 Best Dry Dog Food For Boston Terriers.
- Blue Buffalo Life Protection Dry Puppy Food – Best For Boston Terrier Puppies
Blue Buffalo is a giant in the dog food industry with several foods for different dogs. This puppy food is designed for small-breed dog puppies and is the perfect option for growing Boston Terriers.
Formulated to assist in both mental and physical development, your Puppy will get all the required nutrients. Once your puppy is weaned, you can immediately start them on this dry food.
- High-quality protein is provided from real chicken
- It is rich in minerals, vitamins and antioxidants appropriate for puppies
- Small kibble size designed for dogs with smaller jaws
- It helps to minimise tartar buildup
- The food is ideally designed for a growing puppy
- It contains life-source bits
- It is formulated to help with cognitive development
- There have been some complaints about the shelf-life
Main Ingredients: Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Oatmeal, and Barley.
- Purina Pro Plan Small Breed Puppy Formula Dry Dog Food: Best For Boston Terrier Puppies
Puppies are fragile and need the right start to grow up healthy, and that is what Purina Pro delivers with this dry food.
Formulated to provide your dog with the perfect nutrient balance, this is the ideal dry dog food for Boston Terrier puppies. Health is the focus of this food, with support for most of the body systems.
- It contains Antioxidants which strengthen the immune system
- DHA and Omega fatty acids aid in brain and vision development
- Filled with live probiotics which aid in digestion
- Formulated to help build strong bones and teeth
- The Kibble is designed to fit small dogs perfectly
- A protein-rich dried food with chicken as the main source
- It may be suitable for all life stages
- Some dogs may not like the flavour
- It isn’t available everywhere
Main Ingredients: Chicken, Corn Gluten Meal, Brewers Rice, Whole Grain Wheat, and Animal Fat Preserved With Mixed-Tocopherols.
- Royal Canin Small Puppy Dry Dog Food: Best For Boston Terrier Puppies
Royal Canin has been designing dog foods for over 50 years and delivering excellent quality products. Designed to meet all the needs of a growing puppy, and even comes in tiny sizes to encourage them to eat.
With a milky flavour, it is made to promote the familiar taste and flavours that puppies are used to. For the first 10 months of your Boston Terrier’s life, this is the best dry food.
- Small kibble design perfect for puppies
- It contains Antioxidants which help develop the immune system
- It is designed to promote optimal growth
- It is milk flavoured
- It is the ideal dry food for puppies up to 10 months old
- It is designed to match the energy needs of growing puppies
- Easy to chew and digest
- It is no longer ideal once your puppy reaches ten months old
Main Ingredients: Brewers rice, chicken by-product meal, chicken fat, wheat gluten, and corn gluten meal.
- American Journey Salmon & Sweet Potato Dry Dog Food
American Journey Salmon & Sweet Potato Dry Dog Food is created to meet your dog’s protein needs. One of the tastiest food options, most Boston Terriers will have no problems with this dry food.
A grain-free dry food option, you can expect your Boston Terrier to get all it needs in every serving.
- It is the product of expert nutritionists and enthusiasts
- It is antioxidant-rich and helps improve the immune system
- The presence of Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids promotes skin, coat, brain and eye health
- It is a grain-free recipe
- It contains high levels of protein
- Deboned Salmon is the main protein source and the first ingredient
- Free of corn, wheat and protein by-product meals
- It contains poultry which some dogs are allergic to
Main Ingredients: Deboned Salmon, Chicken Meal, Turkey Meal, Peas, and Sweet Potatoes.
- Purina Pro Plan Small Breed Adult Formula Dry Dog Food: Best For Adult Boston Terriers
Purina Pro Plan Small Breed Adult Formula Dry Dog Food is one of the most affordable high-quality food options available.
Designed to assist in muscle development and provide energy to dogs, it is perfect for an adult of active breeds. With all the nutrients your Boston Terrier needs for a healthy life, this is one of the best choices you can make.
- It contains real meat as the first ingredient
- It is a great energy source
- It contributes to bone and joint strength and development
- It contains high amounts of protein content
- There are live probiotics present
- The kibble is designed for easy chewing
- It is a nutrient-dense formula designed for energy for small-breed dogs
- Chicken bites are no longer included
Main Ingredients: Chicken, Rice, Corn Gluten Meal, Poultry By-Product Meal, and Whole Grain Corn.
- Wellness CORE Turkey & Chicken Dry Dog Food: Best For Boston Terrier Adults
Wellness CORE Turkey & Chicken Dry Dog Food is one of the healthiest dry dog food options. A grain-free recipe, this recipe focuses on meat, proving your dog with a healthy concentration of proteins.
With this meat-rich diet, your dog will get nutrients similar to a raw diet, which many dog owners tend to love.
- Complete with prebiotics and probiotics to improve the digestive system
- Made using non-GMO ingredients
- It has a balanced concentration of proteins, fats and carbohydrates
- It is a grain-free product
- Glucosamine is one of the ingredients and it improves joint health
- It is designed to provide energy for active dogs
- 100% made in the USA
- It contains poultry products which may be an allergen for some dogs
- The kibble is too large for some dogs
Main Ingredients: Deboned Turkey, Turkey Meal, Chicken Meal, Peas, and Dried Ground Potatoes.
- Hill’s Science Diet Dry Dog Food, Adult 7+ for Senior Dogs: Best For Senior Boston Terriers
Hill’s Science has a reputation for producing foods to meet the requirements of specific groups of dogs. This dry food is formulated for senior dogs and is the ideal dry food option for your ageing Boston Terrier.
With a scientific method of producing food, this option provides your ageing dog with the right balance of nutrients to help slow the ageing process.
- It contains minerals which help to improve heart health
- A small kibble design ideal for toy breeds
- Free of artificial colours, flavours and synthetic colours
- Most veterinarians approve of this dog food
- Ingredients are sourced globally from trusted sources
- It is formulated to promote ideal energy levels
- The balanced minerals help promote heart health
- It may be too expensive for some
Main Ingredients: Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Whole Grain Wheat, Whole Grain Corn, and Whole Grain Sorghum.
- IAMS Healthy Aging Adult Dry Dog Food for Mature and Senior Dogs: Best For Senior Boston Terriers
IAMS is dedicated to keeping your dog healthy throughout its life and delivers another great product in this regard. Designed to promote whole-body health, this dry dog food features a balanced nutrient combination.
By choosing this product for your Boston Terrier, you are sure of a healthy golden year, with your dog at its best.
- Farm-raised chicken is the main protein source
- Small pellets for medium-sized dogs
- Free of preservatives, flavours and fillers
- A product recommended by veterinarians worldwide
- It contains high amounts of quality protein
- Nutrition specially formulated for ageing dogs
- Made in the USA with trusted globally sourced ingredients
- It is ideal for medium-breed dogs
Main Ingredients: Chicken, Chicken By-Product Meal, Ground Whole Grain Barley, Ground Whole Grain Corn, and Ground Whole Grain Sorghum.
- Purina Pro Plan Sensitive Skin and Stomach Dog Food: For Boston Terriers With Sensitive Stomachs
Some dogs have food allergies, which tend to translate into skin allergies and need a special diet. As part of Purina Pro’s diet series to cater to a specific group of dogs, your Boston Terrier will get all it needs.
Designed with ingredients that are easy to digest and free of common allergens, your dog will get the ideal diet.
- Free from artificial flavours
- EPA and DHA help improve heart health
- Natural prebiotic fibres help improve digestive health
- It is easily digestible
- It helps improve skin and coat health
- A great source of protein with Real Salmon as the first ingredient
- Ideal for dogs with sensitive stomachs and skin
- Some dogs may not like the odour
- There are no probiotics
Main Ingredients: Salmon, Barley, Rice, Oat Meal, and Canola Meal.
- Wellness CORE Digestive Health Dry Dog Food with Wholesome Grains: Best For Boston Terries With Gas
Some Boston Terriers have a gas problem and it is often brought about by eating regular food. A healthy diet often means a healthier gut, and subsequently, no gas and that is what Wellness CORE has produced.
Designed with wholesome grains, this dog food is highly digestible and improves digestive health. If you notice your Boston Terrier struggles with gas, switch to this food and the problem should cease.
- Free of corn, wheat, soy, artificial flavours and preservatives
- It is designed to promote optimal nutrient absorption
- It is highly digestible
- It contains probiotics and digestive enzymes
- It promotes a stronger immune system and vitality
- It promotes a healthy gut microbiome
- It is somewhat expensive
Main Ingredients: Deboned Chicken, Turkey Meal, Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, and Barley.
What Is The Best Meat To Feed A Boston Terrier?
Any meat that has a low fat and high protein content is ideal for a Boston Terrier. Turkey, Chicken, fish and lean beef are excellent meat sources and would be a great fit for a Boston Terrier.
Chicken is a common allergen for some dogs, Boston Terriers included. Confirm if your dog has any possible allergies before choosing a meat source.
If you feed your dog meats high in fats, you put your dog at risk of obesity. Most dog foods often have at least one protein source, with meat being the common option.
Choose dog food with appropriate meat to ensure they get the best and reduce the risk of obesity or any health problems.
Can Boston Terriers Eat Boiled Eggs?
Yes, a Boston Terrier can eat boiled eggs and you can add some to its diet. The most important thing is that the egg is cooked correctly and cut into small enough pieces for a Boston Terrier to consume safely.
Don’t feed cooked eggs to a dog too often or risk health problems. You can use cooked eggs as a treat or add them to your dog’s meal.
You can also feed scrambled eggs to a Boston Terrier if you don’t want to cook it. Choose your oil carefully as not all of them are appropriate for dogs to consume.
Olive oil is the ideal oil choice for scrambling eggs for a dog. The main thing is to avoid feeding them uncooked eggs or eggshells. You should contact your Vet before you feed a Boston Terrier eggs, especially when you want to do it frequently.
How Can I Get My Boston Terrier To Gain Weight?
The most important thing to do when looking to get your Beagle to gain weight is to consult a Vet. Boston Terriers aren’t the largest dog breed and can easily be mistaken as underweight.
If your Vet has determined that your Boston Terries is underweight, there are several possible actions. The first step is to determine the reason your dog is underweight, and the solution will follow.
If your dog is underfed, increasing the food quantity should be enough. In some cases, the quantity of food isn’t the problem, but the quality.
A higher-calorie diet or one with a higher protein content is needed. Alternatively, it may require a better balance, especially if you feed them only one unbalanced meal regularly.
Another possible reason why a Boston Terrier can be underweight is because of an underlying medical condition.
Treating the medical condition is the only way to get your dog back to its ideal weight. Several conditions could cause weight loss including diabetes, cancer and intestinal parasite. Your dog should start gaining weight once the underlying condition is gone.
Your Boston Terrier will have a healthy and fun-filled life once it has the right diet. With the right diet, you will get the best out of your dog, and fewer cases of health-related issues.
Dry food offers several health benefits which makes it highly recommended by most veterinarians. You can simply select one of the options from our list that best suits your dog, and see them live a healthy life.