The Best Dry dog food for Huskies will ensure your pet is healthy and has the best quality of life. Free of any problems, your Husky can be the adorable cuddle cuddy you expect and it all starts with the right diet.
There are too many dry dog foods appropriate for Huskies and trying to select one can be difficult. To help make the process easier, we take a look at some of the best dry food for Huskies.
Best Dry Food For Husky Puppies
Husky Puppies have the most unique requirements, and any deviation could prompt serious health problems down the line. Any dry food choice at this stage needs to match the nutrients lost during weaning and the transition from a liquid-based diet. We take a look at our top selections of the best dry foods for Husky puppies.
Blue Buffalo Wilderness High Protein Grain Free Natural Puppy Dry Dog Food
Blue Buffalo recipes are usually designed to promote whole-body health and this puppy formula is no exception. With all your Puppy’s needs taken into consideration, it is the ideal dry dog food for Huskies.
Packed with nutrients found in mother’s milk, it is the perfect dry dog food for weaning a Husky puppy. This dry food also provides your puppy with enough energy to match both physical needs and assist with growth and development.
- Crafted by expert nutritionists and veterinarians
- It is made using healthy ingredients
- Made with all-natural ingredients
- An excellent source of energy
- A grain-free product that promotes coat health
- Real meat helps with strong muscle formation
- It supports immune system health and oxidative balance
- It is on the pricy side
Main Ingredients: Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Pea Protein, Peas, and Tapioca Starch.
Now Fresh Grain-Free Puppy Recipe Dry Dog Food
Now Fresh is one of the lesser-known names in the dog food industry but they still manage to stand out. With dry food created for easier digestion, your Husky puppy will love this food, especially coming off mother’s milk.
This product is cooked with fresh ingredients at the lowest temperatures to minimize nutrient and flavor loss. Choosing Now Fresh Grain-Free Puppy Recipe Dry Dog Food for your Husky might be the best decision you ever make.
- Free of chicken or chicken by-products
- Prepared in a way that prevents loss of nutrients and flavors
- Multiple protein sources
- It contains several superfood vegetables and fruits
- It doesn’t contain by-products or meat meals
- It is created by expert nutritionists
- It contains prebiotics and fiber for healthier digestion
- It is an expensive product
Main Ingredients: De-boned turkey, peas, potatoes, whole dried egg, and potato flour.
Best Dry Dog Food For Adult Huskies
Adult Huskies can eat almost any dog food, but that doesn’t mean that they should. The right dry dog food helps ensure they remain in good health, maintain their energy needs, and be the best version of themselves. Of the numerous dry dog food for adult Huskies, we look at our favorites.
Taste of the Wild Dry Dog Food
Taste of the Wild is a favorite of many dog owners thanks to excellent dry food options that dogs love. With one of the most affordable products available, your Husky will get one of the best possible nutrition.
This recipe contains a balanced diet and is designed to keep your dog in the best possible condition. With grain-free and grain-inclusive options available, your Husky can have its pick of the lot and still get the same quality diet.
- Grain-free with no artificial additives
- It contains real animal protein
- A rich source of minerals and vitamins
- It is a relatively affordable product
- A balanced diet
- Made in the USA with the best local and globally sourced ingredients
- It contains K9 probiotic strain
- It contains peas which may be an allergen
Main Ingredients: Water Buffalo, Lamb Meal, Chicken Meal, Sweet Potatoes, and Peas.
Wellness Complete Health Adult Dry Dog Food
Wellness Complete Health is a well-known brand thanks to several great dry food products that dog owners love. One of the most popular dry dog food brands in the market, this dry dog food is perfect for large breed dogs like Huskies.
A perfectly crafted formula, the nutrients are ideal for whole-body health and are designed to keep your Husky in perfect condition. With Wellness Complete Health adult dry dog food, your Husky is free to be the best version of themselves, as your loving and adorable pet.
- A non-GMO product
- Free of fillers, artificial preservatives, and meat-by-products
- Ingredients are carefully chosen for maximum nutrition
- It provides your dog with a balanced nutrition
- It is suitable for multiple dog breeds
- Most dog owners love this product
- Designed to improve whole-body health
- An expensive product
Main Ingredients: Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Oatmeal, Ground Barley, and Peas.
Best Dry Dog Food Senior Huskies
Senior Huskies are facing new challenges including a weakening immune system, but the right diet can help level things. With the right diet, your senior Husky can fight off aging, and remain active against all odds.
Here are some of our favorite selections of dry dog food for senior Huskies.
VICTOR Purpose Senior Healthy Weight Dry Dog Food
Victor’s reputation in the dog food industry is impressive thanks to its role in senior dog nutrition. The Senior Healthy Weight Dry Dog Food is the perfect dry dog food for senior Huskies with a weight problem.
As huskies in particular may face weight challenges as they age, this dry food is the perfect option. This dry dog food is designed for easy digestion and helps boost the immune system of your aging Husky.
- It contains Victor’s unique VPRO blend
- A nutrient-dense recipe rich in amino acids, vitamins, and minerals
- It has multiple protein sources
- 100% made in the USA with locally sourced ingredients
- Perfectly formulated to help with weight loss
- Glucosamine and chondroitin help improve joint health
- A great source of energy for senior dogs
- Only suitable for seniors with weight issues
- There may be storage issues
Main Ingredients: Beef Meal, Whole Grain Brown Rice, Whole Grain Millet, Grain Sorghum, and Chicken Fat.
Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Senior Dry Dog Food
Blue Buffalo is one of the most trusted dog food manufacturers in the world. With health being the most important focus, this dry food is the perfect choice for senior dogs as their immune system deteriorates.
If your dog already has health problems, this dry food may not be appropriate and you may be better suited to other options. For healthy Huskies entering uncertain times in the senior era, this is the ideal dry dog food and one that every dog owner should consider.
- Free of wheat, corn, and soy
- It doesn’t contain poultry, or its by-product meals
- Designed to improve the immune system
- Protein levels are ideal for senior dogs
- Top-quality nutrition in each serving
- Formulated to improve joint health and mobility
- It improves skin and coat health
- May not be suitable for seniors with health issues
Main Ingredients: Deboned Chicken, Brown Rice, Barley, Oatmeal, and Chicken Meal.
Best Dry Dog Food For Huskies With Sensitive Stomach
Huskies are a particularly sensitive dog breed with stomach and skin being the obvious locations. The best way to prevent or fight off skin and stomach sensitivities is with the right diet. Some of our favorite dry dog food for Huskies with sensitive skin and stomach are considered below.
Hill’s Science Diet Adult Sensitive Stomach & Skin Dry Dog Food
Hill’s Science uses a scientific method of crafting dog food which makes it a favorite of dog owners and experts alike. A recipe made with all-natural ingredients, it is perfect for dogs with sensitive skin and stomachs.
Regardless of your Husky’s age, if it has sensitive skin or a stomach, this dry food is the perfect choice. It may not be the highest-rated dog food out there, but it is an excellent choice for Huskies.
- It is suitable for all ages
- Free of artificial flavors and fillers
- It contains healthy animal proteins
- It is a relatively affordable product
- A rich source of vitamins
- It is highly recommended by veterinarians and other experts
- It is easily digestible
- Not all the ingredients may be ideal for your dog
Main Ingredients: Chicken, Chicken Meal, Yellow Peas, Cracked Pearled Barley, and Brown Rice.
Purina Pro Plan Adult Sensitive Skin & Stomach Dry Dog Food
Purina Pro is one of the most popular dog manufacturers in the world and with good reason. With excellent dog food approved by vets and other experts, this dry food is ideal for any Husky with a sensitive stomach and skin.
Dogs typically love this product and your Husky should be no different. The product is created with improving skin and stomach health where sensitivity is present.
- Free of artificial flavours and colours
- It contains natural prebiotic fibres which improve overall digestive health
- It is formulated with ingredients like oatmeal for easier digestion
- Perfectly formulated for dogs with sensitive stomachs
- It is easily digestible
- It prompts a reduction of skin inflammation
- It helps to support joint health
- It is an expensive product
Main Ingredients: Salmon, Barley, Rice, Oat Meal, and Canola Meal.
Can Huskies Eat Any Dog Food?
Yes, an adult Husky can eat almost any good dog food and turn out okay. The most important thing to look out for is a top-level rating. Practically any top-rated dry dog food can suffice for an adult Husky. You can consult an expert to help you select the best possible dry food for your adult Husky.
On the other hand, Husky puppies are more delicate and need a carefully chosen diet. Too much calcium in their diet as puppies can cause a Husky to have a permanent, crippling form of hip disease.
Choosing the right dry food for puppies is more technical and requires you to pay close attention to the nutrient concentration. To be on the safe side, you can favor dry foods formulated especially for Husky puppies and have them grow up healthy.
How Can I Increase My Husky Appetite?
If your Husky lacks appetite, you can increase its exercise levels and see a rise in appetite. Increased exercise helps boost energy levels, which in turn increases your dog’s appetite. The more exercise they perform, the larger the appetite they develop.
Any exercise you put your Husky through should stimulate both the mind and body for this process to be at its most effective.
Before increasing your Husky’s exercise levels, ensure the dog is healthy. Dogs don’t usually lose appetite unless something is wrong, and illness is one of the biggest causes of appetite loss.
If there is something wrong with your dog, then solving it should see the dog return to its regular self, appetite and all. Another possible cause of appetite loss is a change in diet. If you recently changed your dog’s food, you might consider changing it back to see if it prefers that brand.
How Many Times A Day Should A Husky Eat?
An Adult Husky should eat at least twice a day, with most owners preferring one meal in the morning and another at night. Some dog owners tend to feed their Huskies once a day but this practice isn’t advised and is strongly frowned upon.
Puppies have a faster metabolism and require a greater feeding frequency. A Husky puppy will need about three or four meals a day just to keep up with their energy demands.
Unlike most other dogs, Huskies can be left with food all day without gorging themselves. You can opt for one large food portion and your Husky will only eat as much as it needs, returning when it needs more.
If you employ this practice, you can check on the dog during the day or at night to ensure it doesn’t go hungry. You also need to determine how much food your Husky needs daily before giving it food for the day.
Huskies are one of the most adorable breeds in the world and need all the love and care you can spare.
Diet is the most important part of care for a Husky and the right diet guarantees a healthy dog. Choosing the best dry dog food for Husky will ensure you get the best out f your adorable pup.