The Best dry food for Corgis ensures your dog gets the best possible quality of life. While there are many possible choices of dry foods, you only need one. Choosing the best option can be a bit daunting which is why we have selected some of the top options to help make the choice easier.
Best Dry Dog Food For Corgi Puppies
Corgi Puppies need a specialized diet to help with the transition from mother’s milk to other food. The ideal dry dog food for Corgi Puppies will be rich in protein and enticing enough to get them to eat it.
Several dry dog foods are appropriate for Corgis, but we have selected the top two.
Hill’s Science Diet Dry Dog Food, Puppy, Small Bites
Hill’s Science is renowned for its science-led nutrition, with experts producing the ideal meal for dogs. With the unique needs of a puppy in focus, this is the ideal dry food for small dogs, including Corgis.
This dry food will see your little one grow up healthy and maximize their potential, living a full life. As soon as your Corgin puppy is 8 weeks old, you can start them on this diet and continue till they are a year old.
- Only all-natural ingredients are used
- Free of artificial preservatives, flavours and colours
- It is designed with science-led nutrition
- It is a great source of high-quality protein
- It is formulated to assist with healthy brain and eye development
- It assists with forming strong bones and teeth
- High-quality protein assist in the formation of lean muscle
- It is an expensive product
Main Ingredients: Chicken Meal, Whole Grain Wheat, Cracked Pearled Barley, Whole Grain Sorghum, and Whole Grain Corn.
Blue Buffalo Small Breed Puppy Recipe
Blue Buffalo aims to improve owner-pet relations by promoting a healthier dog. The Blue Buffalo Small Breed Puppy Recipe is the perfect puppy food for Corgis and will set them on the path of a lifetime of health.
Made with all-natural ingredients, your Corgi is sure to love this meal, while getting all the health benefits associated with it. From the age of 8 weeks, you can start your Corgi on this dry food to great effect.
- No artificial additives or fillers are present
- Small-sized kibble for dogs with smaller jaws
- Formulated to be the ideal dry food for weaning
- A rich source of fibre from carrots, blueberries and peas
- It boosts immune system health
- Antioxidants, vitamins and minerals support a healthy oxidative balance
- It helps to improve cognitive and retinal health
- It contains peas which is a known allergen
Main Ingredients: Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Oatmeal, Barley, and Menhaden Fish Meal.
Best Dry Dog Food For Adult Corgis
Adult Corgis may not be fragile, but they still need a focused diet to help them thrive. With the right diet, your Corgi will remain healthy, allowing you t get the best out of them. Of the numerous dry food choices that are appropriate for Corgis, we have selected our favourites.
Wellness Core Original Small Breed
Adult Corgis have high energy needs, and a protein-rich diet is the best option that Wellness Core provides. A grain-free recipe, this dog food uses all-natural ingredients and is designed to promote healthy living.
Wellness Core operates on the principle that a dog needs a mostly meat diet and delivers an excellent option for small breeds. It is designed to appeal to your dogs while providing them with all they need to live their best lives.
- Free of soy, wheat and corn
- Small kibble size design for small dogs
- An easily digestible grain-free product
- It is designed to improve digestive health and promote strong bones
- Made in the USA with globally sourced ingredients
- It provides hip and joint health
- Probiotics help improve gut health
- Some dogs don’t like the smell
- It is expensive
Main Ingredients: Deboned Turkey, Turkey Meal, Chicken Meal, Lentils, and Peas.
Victor Performance Adult Formula
Victor Performance Adult Formula is designed to be the perfect dry dog food for sporting breeds, including Corgi. A great source of protein and energy, your Corgi can stay healthy and active all day, living its best life.
A formula made for dogs with particular dietary needs, Corgis are the ideal option and most of them find this dry food irresistible. The only drawback is that the kibble size may be too big for some small breed dogs, but Corgis should have no problems with it.
- Gluten-free grains are used in making this product
- It is designed for high-performance
- It is designed for sporting breeds
- It contains multiple protein sources
- It improves joint and hip health
- A nutrient-dense recipe with 81% protein
- It helps improve digestive health
- It is somewhat expensive
- Some dogs don’t like the taste
Main Ingredients: Beef Meal, Grain Sorghum, Whole Grain Millet, Chicken Fat, Blood Meal Conventionally Dried.
Best Dry Dog Food For Senior Corgis
Senior Corgis need as much care as puppies and diet is the first step to achieving it. With a weakening immune system and a renewed aura of vulnerability, health is of the utmost importance, and the right diet will reflect this. Of the suitable dry food options available for Corgi we take a look at the best choices.
Merrick Senior Recipe
Merrick is a giant in the dog food industry and produces the latest in a long line of quality dry food. Designed for senior dogs of all breeds, this dry food is particularly a great choice for small-breed dogs, especially Corgis.
With weight management and a healthier metabolism in focus, your ageing Corgi will get the best care possible. It also provides your dog with a much-needed energy boost.
- It is formulated to help older dogs maintain a healthy weight
- A grain-free recipe free of soy, wheat, corn and gluten
- High-quality proteins to provide energy
- 100% made in the USA
- More than 75% of the protein is from animal sources
- It helps improve coat and skin health
- It is designed to promote a healthy metabolism
- Smaller dog breeds may be unable to eat this food
Main Ingredients: Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Sweet Potatoes, Potatoes, and Turkey Meal.
ORIJEN Senior High-Protein, Grain-Free
ORIJEN is known for producing a high-protein diet and delivers another one, this time suited to senior dogs. Designed to provide your dog with the sort of meal it would eat in the wild, this diet is nature-based.
The preparation includes the use of parts of animals beyond meat, featuring bone, cartilage and other organs. Your Corgi will get a wildlife-oriented diet and obtain enough energy to allow it to live as it would in the wild.
- Free of wheat, soy, corn and tapioca
- It is made up of about 85% animal ingredients
- Multiple protein sources
- Only the finest globally sourced ingredients are used
- It is biologically appropriate for senior dogs
- The first 5 ingredients are protein-based
- It is grain-free and great for dogs with sensitive stomachs
- It is an expensive product
Main Ingredients: Chicken, turkey, salmon, whole herring, and chicken liver.
Best Dry Dog Food For Obese Corgis
Corgis are prone to obesity, especially when they continually receive food. Once your Corgi is diagnosed as overweight, you need to put them on a path to normalcy. The right diet can help your Corgi puppy beat obesity without too many changes to their routine. We take a look at our top weight loss formulas for obese Corgis.
Nutro Ultra Small Breed Weight Management
Healthy weight management is the goal and Nutro Ultra delivers a masterful dry dog food for small breeds. Nutro Ultra believes that a dog should enjoy meals the same as humans and strive to achieve this in every dry food.
Formulated to provide your dog with quality proteins, your dog gets an energy boost while excess fat is burned off as calories. The best option for any small dog that needs to lose weight, and is the perfect choice for obese Corgis and will have them back to a healthy weight.
- Multiple animal protein sources
- Free of artificial colours, flavours and sweeteners
- Perfectly formulated for weight management
- It is low in calories
- A complete diet filled with high-quality ingredients
- It contains high-quality proteins
- It features non-GMO ingredients
- An expensive product
Main Ingredients: Chicken, Chicken Meal, Whole Brown Rice, Rice Bran, and Brewers Rice.
Dr Tim’s Weight Management Metabolite Formula
Dr Tim’s isn’t a household name but still produces one of the best weight management formulas. Designed for all breeds, this formula is particularly effective for small breed dogs because of the kibble size.
This food is designed to use your dog’s metabolism to achieve weight loss, making the process seamless. Ensure you contact a vet and determine your dog is obese before resorting to weight loss formulas.
- Animal protein accounts for more than 75% of the protein in this meal
- Designed for optimal weight loss
- Formulated to help reduce inflammatory stress
- It helps improve coat health
- It is designed to keep your dog full between meals
- It uses your dog’s natural metabolism to achieve weight loss\
- It helps improve heart health and brain function
- It may cause gas in some dogs
- The product may be considered too expensive
Main Ingredients: Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Oats, Peas, and Powdered Cellulose.
How Much Dry Food Should I Feed My Corgi?
Your Corgi should eat somewhere between ⅔ cups to 11/2 cups of dry food daily. The deciding factor for how much food your Corgi should eat is their size/weight. Even under healthy standards, some corgis will weigh more and therefore need more food.
If you are worried about over or underfeeding your Corgi, contact your vet for further instructions.
Feeding should be spread out across two meals as Corgis can’t subsist on one meal a day. Corgis have a faster metabolism than large dogs and need a refill to remain active and healthy.
In addition to the two meals, you can also feed them treats and snacks during the day. Ensure the snacks are not reaffirming begging, possibly withholding them if the dog starts to beg.
Do Corgis Beg For Food?
Corgis have a habit of begging for food, and it isn’t just limited to when they are hungry. Even after feeding your Corgi an appropriate meal, it can still resort to begging once it sees something it wants.
They are a very expressive breed and will make pleading faces at you to get what they want. If your Corgi has its way, you’ll be guilted into giving it what it wants, and only then will the begging stop.
Corgis are seemingly always hungry, regardless of how much food they have eaten. If you arent careful, you can easily overfeed the corgi, causing problems like bloating, and obesity in the long run.
Make it a habit of rejecting food requests outside of meals and the occasional treat. Once you can break this habit early, you can curb or at least reduce begging levels in your Corgi.
Do Corgis Eat Raw Meat?
Corgis can eat raw meat, but it isn’t okay to feed it to them. Raw meat may cause health problems, containing organisms like Salmonella. Always cook meat properly before you feed it to your dog.
If you insist on feeding your Corgi raw meat, do so in small infrequent doses. Too much raw meat in your dog’s diet increases the chances of health problems.
The only raw foods you should feed to your dog are bones, fruits and vegetables. Unlike meat, cooked bones pose a greater threat than their meat counterparts. Fruits and vegetables are all-natural products and provide several benefits to the dog.
There may be some fruits your Corgin can’t eat especially where allergies are concerned. Your Corgi’s personal preferences can also influence which fruits they will eat.
Conclusion: Best Dry Dog Food For Corgis
Dry dog food is the best choice you can make for your Corgi and will go a long way to determining dental health.
Without the right dry dog food for your Corgi, you will have to worry about health problems and your dog may not have the best quality of life. Any one of the above-listed products is ideal for the selected group of Corgis and is sure to make their life better.