The best dry dog food for Great Pyrenees will ensure your dog is the lovable and adorable pet you know. The right option will also provide numerous health benefits and keep your fluffy boy in perfect condition.
A great Pyrenees needs changes with age and we look at different options for different stages of its life.
Best Dry Food For Great Pyrenees Puppies
Great Pyrenees have a predisposition to certain illnesses later in life and the right start can help reduce the chances of this. Choosing a dry dog food for puppies is arguably the most important choice in their young lives. We have selected some of the best dry food for Great Pyrenees puppies to help ease your decision.
Royal Canin Size Health Nutrition Giant Puppy Dry Dog Food
There are few dog food manufacturers as reputable as Royal Canin with excellent dry food designed for specific dog groups. This dry food is designed for Royal Canin puppies and contains everything they need for optimal growth and development.
From the size of the kibble to the aroma, everything about this dry dog food is perfect for Great Pyrenees puppies. The product is somewhat expensive but it is worth it once you can afford it.
- It is perfectly designed for large-breed puppies
- Formulated to promote ideal stool quality
- It is easily digestible and formulated with probiotics
- It helps improve the digestive system
- It improves immune system health
- It helps with joint and bone development
- It contains vitamins and minerals essential for growth and development
- The product may be too expensive
- Fillers and by-products are used
Main Ingredients: Chicken by-product meal, brewer rice, wheat gluten, brewer rice flour, and corn.
Blue Buffalo Wilderness Large Breed Puppy Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
Blue Buffalo produces the ideal dry dog food for large breed puppies, designed to help them grow into strong and healthy adults. With brain and cognitive development in focus, your Great Pyrenees will get the best possible meal in each serving.
The only possible criticism of this product is that there are numerous ingredients used, increasing the possibility of allergens being present.
- Free of wheat, soy and corn
- Free of artificial flavours and preservatives
- Kibble is perfectly formulated for large-breed puppies
- It contains high amounts of protein
- It is made with DHA and ARA which are usually only found in mother’s milk
- It is designed to help improve dental health
- A balanced meal with wholesome grains
- There may be too many ingredients in this product
Main Ingredients: Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Peas, Pea Protein, and Tapioca Starch.
Best Dry Dog Food For Adult Great Pyrenees
Adult Great Pyrenees are in their prime, filled with energy and being the loving dogs that everyone knows. To ensure they remain that way, you need to carefully select the best dry dog food. With so many appropriate dry dog foods to choose from, we select our favourites to make your decision earlier.
Blue Buffalo Wilderness Natural Adult Dry Dog Food
Blue Buffalo Wilderness is dedicated to dog health and each product is designed to help promote healthier pets. This product is designed for large breed dogs with Great Pyrenees being one of those in this category.
It is designed to help with mobility, improve joint mobility and overall body health. Your Great Pyrenees can be its best self and it all stems from what it eats.
- A nutrient-dense product with high-quality products
- Free of artificial additives, by-products, soy, wheat and corn
- It is a grain-free product containing healthy carbohydrates
- It contains taurine which helps improve heart health
- Omega fatty acids help improve skin and coat health
- Real chicken is a source of protein
- It provides enough energy for your dog to be active
- Not all dogs like the taste of the product
Main Ingredients: Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Pea Protein, Peas, and Tapioca Starch.
Holistic Select Natural Dry Dog Food, Large & Giant Breed
Holistic Select is renowned for producing high-quality dry dog food and delivers another great product. Made for large breed dogs, this dry dog food is the perfect option for a Great Pyrenees.
With globally sourced high-quality ingredients, your dog will get premium nutrition in every serving. If you can afford it, there is no better dry food option for a Great Pyrenees.
- It doesn’t contain any meat by-products
- It is free of Wheat, wheat gluten, artificial preservatives and soy
- Made with only the best available ingredients
- It improves the health of the digestive system
- Glucosamine helps to improve joint and hip health
- It is perfectly designed for large dogs
- Dogs get a complete and balanced nutrition
- It may be too expensive for some dog owners
- The kibble may be too small for large dogs
Main Ingredients: Chicken Meal, Rice, Oatmeal, Oats, and Chicken Fat.
Best Dry Dog Food For Senior Great Pyrenees
Senior Great Pyrenees are typically faced with a weakening immune system among other things. A proper diet can help your dog fight off ageing and keep them as healthy as possible, saving you multiple trips to the vet. Of the numerous dry dog foods for senior dogs, we have selected our top picks for Great Pyrenees.
Nutro Natural Choice Large Breed Senior Dry Dog Food
Nutro isn’t the biggest dry food manufacturer in the world but still delivers excellent products like this one. The Nutro Natural Choice Large Breed Senior Dry Dog Food is the perfect product for Great Pyrenees over the age of 6.
This product is designed for easier digestion and improving the gut flora. It is probably the best possible option for large-breed senior dogs and the best you can choose for a Great Pyrenees.
- It is formulated especially for senior dogs
- Only non-GMO ingredients are used in this product
- Free of chicken by-product meal, wheat, corn and soy
- Glucosamine and chondroitin help improve joint health
- It contains natural fibres which help improve digestion
- Essential antioxidants help improve the immune system
- It is rich in protein
- The product is on the expensive side
Main Ingredients: Chicken, Chicken Meal, Whole Grain Brown Rice, Brewers Rice, and Split Peas
Merrick Grain-Free Senior Dry Dog Food
Merrick produces great dry food for large-breed senior dogs and Great Pyrenees fall into this classification. With multiple protein sources, your dog has enough energy to stay active and cheerful throughout the day.
Free of common allergens, your Great Pyrenees is sure to love this dry food and get a healthy diet every time. With animal sources accounting for 84% of the protein, it is every large-breed senior dog’s ideal dry dog food.
- It is grain and gluten-free
- Free of wheat, corn and soy
- A rich source of protein
- It contains omega fatty acids which help improve skin and coat health
- Glucosamine and chondroitin help improve joint health
- L-carnitine helps improve metabolism
- 100% made in the USA
- It is an expensive product
Main Ingredients: Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Sweet Potatoes, Potatoes, and Turkey Meal.
Best Dry Dog Food For Special Great Pyrenees
Some Great Pyrenees have certain health or other issues and need the appropriate diet to stay healthy. Each health condition is unique and requires the appropriate dry dog food.
With several possible conditions, there are numerous dry food options for the Great Pyrenees with special conditions. We have selected two options for some of the most common issues facing Great Pyrenees.
Nutro Ultra Adult Weight Management Dry Dog Food
Some Great Pyrenees suffer from weight control problems, and obesity isn’t far behind. Even without overfeeding, these dogs can grow obese and have several health problems in the process. For such dogs, a weight management diet is the appropriate dry food and Nutro Ultra produces the perfect option. Your Great Pyrenees will get the ideal diet and still maintain the ideal weight.
- Free of artificial flavours, colours and preservatives
- There is no chicken by-product meal, soy or wheat
- Made with high-quality ingredients with superfoods
- A rich source f protein for dogs
- It is made with whole grains to keep your dog feeling full for longer
- Ingredients are locally sourced and rigorously tested
- It provides a balanced diet in every serving
- The kibble may be too large for some dogs
Main Ingredients: Chicken, Chicken Meal, Whole Grain Brown Rice, Whole Grain Sorghum, and Whole Grain Barley.
Blue Buffalo True Solutions Jolly Joints Mobility Support Formula Dry Dog Food
Blue Buffalo always seek better health for pets and produces yet another excellent product. With large dogs notably vulnerable to joint problems, this dry food is formulated to help them cope with it.
Your Great Pyrenees can halve a healthy life and live an active life even if it already has joint problems. It is unfortunately a very expensive product and can only be used for dogs that already have active joint problems.
- Free of artificial flavours and preservatives
- Made with only wholesome ingredients
- Crafted by animal nutritionists with scientific methods
- Chicken is the only common allergen
- It is made using the highest quality ingredients available
- Glucosamine and chondroitin help improve hip and joint health
- It helps keep your Gret Pyrenees healthy
- It is a very expensive product
Main Ingredients: Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Oatmeal, Brown Rice, and Barley.
How Can I Get My Great Pyrenees To Gain Weight?
The obvious choice, if you are looking to get your dog to gain weight, is to increase feeding frequency. More meals during the day will increase its food intake and ultimately cause your dog to gain weight. Smaller food portions are the way to go, or you risk your dog overeating, leaving to bloating or obesity.
Another possible alternative is to add wet food r nutrient broth to dry dog food. This option is only for dogs that refuse to eat and have no apparent health problems.
Adding wet food or nutrient broth, or another liquid is to make the food more appealing to the dog, in the hope that they can eat more. If your dog is just a picky eater, then you can switch to another dry dog food brand and hope it prefers it.
Consult your Veterinarian before employing any weight gain strategies. Ensure there is no underlying health issue causing your dog to lose weight, as the only solution in that scenario is to treat the illness.
How Many Eggs Can Great Pyrenees Eat In A Day?
One egg a day is more than enough for a Great Pyrenees and any more can cause obesity. Large dogs in particular can eat one egg daily, but smaller ones need less.
Eggs are rich in protein and too much of it can cause your dog’s calorie levels to rise, leading to obesity. You also shouldn’t feed your dog eggs every day as it can also cause obesity.
If you wish to feed your dog eggs, ensure it is well cooked beforehand. Many dog owners often feed their dogs raw eggs especially to help them gain weight, but this strategy is risky.
Raw eggs can contain salmonella which puts your dogs at risk, instead of helping them gain weight. You can add raw eggs into their meals once in a while as they love the taste.
How Much Rice Should I Feed My Great Pyrenees?
A Great Pyrenees should eat a maximum of 1 cup of rice in a week, spread out across different meals. You should never feed your dog rice every day as it doesn’t have enough nutrients to be considered a balanced meal.
You can add rice to their meals a few times a week, but only as an added ingredient, never the main meal.
Rice has several health benefits including aiding in digestion but too much of it can also pose a problem for dogs. Cooked rice is the only form of rice to feed your dogs, as it is unsuitable in its raw form, even for dogs.
If you are looking for a healthy kind of rice to feed your dogs, brown rice is the best choice. It is also low in sugar making it the ideal option for dogs with diabetes.
Once you choose the right dry dog food for your Great Pyrenees, they are sure to have a high quality of life. You can also contact your vet to ensure you choose the right product and to set up a feeding schedule.
A Great Pyrenees is only as good as what it eats and the right dry food will make them the best version of themselves.